Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Awakening the senses!


I woke up this morning with an indescribable desire to book a one way ticket to Spain or France. This was influenced by a plethora of things: my friend just landed in France where she starts her aupair summer job North of Paris (Mary Ellen - you met her) ; Sean's wife Anna is from Spain, and she is one of the happiest/festive people I have ever met (Joy keeps you young. She is a mum of 4 and looks 19), Sean and Anna are traveling Europe for their ten year anniversary and their pics showed up on my feed this morning; and perhaps the still yet to be scheduled trip to South Florida, where everyone is tan and socializes like its their profession. So I put on brighter colors than normal today and have been listening to Ottmar Liebert all day in the office, and happy to acknowledge that there is nothing restraining me from actually giving either posh destination a visit. While I see many friends getting hitched behind their white picket fences (which, mind you, I cant wait for), I am grateful that I have an insatiable curiosity to experience the colorful, disarmingly beautiful cites and sounds available to me the moment I decide to get out of my own way - i don't plan on waiting for my ten year wedding anniversary.

Spain
 


Monaco, France

1 comment:

  1. I love this Mare. I feel the same way! I love to travel and i can't wait to do it again. I want to go back to Europe so badly!! I am allowing myself to get excited about my move to Austin. It is a new experience and will be full of new opportunities and people.

    That is what I want- a joy-filled life!!

    ReplyDelete